Monday, December 17, 2012

Sometimes...

Sometimes smiling is the greatest act of defiance,
and sometimes asking for help is 
the most meaningful example of self-reliance.
Sometimes the best medicine is 
to laugh until you cry,
and sometimes the greatest wisdom
comes from accepting you will never know why.
Sometimes just going to bed is the best 
antidote to trials and tribulations,
and sometimes just being blessed 
to get up and face it all,
for one more day,
is worthy of a celebration.


One of my very best friends sent me this poem last night and without talking to her for quite sometime, she knew exactly what I needed after this whirlwind of a week. Sometimes, I think we have a telepathic connection with those that are closest to us; like they can read our minds. No matter how far away they might be or long it's been since you've spoken, they can still feel when a little pick me up is needed. Okay, maybe not, but a girl can dream.

I like the word sometimes. My mind tends to only see things as black or white, right or wrong, perfect or useless, smiling or crying, chocolate or vanilla, all or nothing, and not a single shade of grey in between. Sometimes, however, those grey areas can be life saving. Sometimes accepting imperfection and finishing somewhere in the middle is exactly what is needed to keep moving forward.

Recovery is not perfect, but sometimes, that's okay. 
I will have bad days, but sometimes, that's okay.
Mistakes will be made, but sometimes, that's okay.

Progress.

Thanks Kaila :)




No comments:

Post a Comment