Saturday, January 29, 2011

Love You Karla!

Oops... I kind of forgot my "recipe of the week!"



Tonight we had my favorite cousins Kayla and Jodi out for dinner, along with my Uncle Steve, Aunt Debbie, Brady, and Gabby.  We simply had burgers on the grill and a big salad.  Nothing fancy, just a good old fashion get together with some of my favorite people. 

Karla reminded me that I didn't have a recipe of the week, like I had promised for 'Treat Yourself Tuesday.'  So to make up for this, I thought I would include my all time favorite salad recipe.  Tonight we had something close, but it wasn't quite the same.

Kelsi's All Time Favorite Salad Recipe:

1 cup roasted beets, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 cup apples, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 cup pears, chopped into 1 inch pieces
2-3 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, red romaine, ext.)
Feta cheese or goat cheese, crumbled
Candies nuts (macadamia, almonds, anything you have on hand)
Greek Vinaigrette or roasted garlic vin (basil, parsley, garlic, honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil blended in a food processor)

Roast the beets in a 375 degree over until tender
Chop the beets, apples, and pears into bite size pieces
Place mixed greens on plate
Top with beets, apples, and pears, cheese, and candies nuts
Finish with vinaigrette



There is nothing better.

Thank you to my favorite cousin for reminding me to take a step back from everyday life and remember to enjoy the simple perfection of the food around us!  Hopefully I continue to have a 'recipe of the week!'

1 comment:

  1. Kels, that salad recipe made me think of the salad that you made for Grandma's birthday party, this past September. If I remember correctly, it included mixed greens, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, thin slices of parmigiana, and a lemon vinaigrette? Will you please post or send to me the recipe? I'd like to re-create your salad.

    Side-note, the photos on this blog are wonderful. Very impressive, Kels. :)

    ReplyDelete